Sunday, November 13, 2016

Super Grill, Heat Resistant Silicone Gloves, Oven, Grill, Baking, Smoking, Cooking and Potholder Gloves, 5 Colors by Shrurina Inc.

Silicone Gloves 4 Stars


Our BBQ’ing season is pretty much over, November here in the Midwest, but what appealed to me about these gloves is the fact that they are heat resistant.  Who doesn’t have that pair of oven mitts that has the hole in the fingertip that invariably burns your finger when you touch the hot pan?  But you never throw the darn thing away because you never think to go buy a new one.   So the night we tried out the gloves we had made Cornish game hens.  Since there were a pair of the gloves it was very easy to remove the pan from the oven and to remove the foil from roasting pan.  No heat was felt through the gloves and because the gloves have texture the pan was very easy to hold.  The gloves though I think are a bit bulky and make grasping things like tongs and things that require dexterity a little more difficult.  The gloves being made of silicone are easy to clean with warm soapy water.  There is even a hole in the hand area for hanging your gloves up out of the way when not in use.  The gloves do reach past my wrist probably mid-way to my elbow so even for use on the grill these gloves will make a nice addition to my cooking ensemble. 


Side note here I made loaded baked potatoes the other night and these gloves were perfect for taking the pan out of the oven, holding the potato while slicing it open, and then pulling it out of the broiler after the cheese was melted.  My hand was totally shielded from the heat.   Due to my disability I was always burning my hand or fingers on the oven and now I don’t have to worry about that.  Whoever invented these things is a genius. 


If you would like to purchase your own silcone gloves you may do so on Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment