Saturday, May 27, 2017

OMAICA Handmade Leather Journal

OMAICA Handmade Leather Journal Soft Texture Vintage Look Genuine Leather Refillable for Men and Women Bonus Handmade Leather Pen Case Pine Wood Cover Pen


***



When I came across this leather journal the writer in me just had to get it.  It arrived very quickly in the mail.  While the journal tries to portray an old timey look you can tell it is put together very quickly.  The ornamental stitching looks like it could come loose with any significant use and once it does the whole thing will fall apart.


The paper inside is stapled to a separate piece of leather which is held in place by the ornamental stitching on the front.  The ad on Amazon indicates you can replace the paper but I really don't see how that's possible if everything is stitched together.  But I will cross that bridge when I come to it.



A writing utensil is included with this piece and I was very pleasantly surprised to find the wooden pencil was actually an ink pen.  The pouch for the pen is a nice container and slides into a ing on the cover to keep it with the journal.  However that aspect of the journal is strictly for looks and not functionality because the loop is rather large and the pencil/pen case will easily slide out if held vertical to the floor.


I found the pen very difficult to get out of its holder.  I practically had to fold the edges over to get the pen out.  Younger fingers may find it easier to do but I found it very difficult if not almost impossible.


Overall this is a nice little journaling set.  And did I mention the nice leather smell?

If you would like to purchase your own leather journal you may do so on Amazon HERE!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment